Wednesday 13 April 2011

New G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T COMPENDIUM

“The Standard by Which Other
Victorian Science Fiction
Rules are Measured”

Its been a while, but I can't think of a more suitable reason for me to resume posting on this blog than the imminent release of the G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T COMPENDIUM.
(Full details HERE)
This is the old rulebook I currently have, (which was quite difficult to track down) and I have been building up my forces for.
(and when I say "building up my forces", I mean buying the figures, prepping them, gluing them to bases, doing a little conversion or two occasionally, undercoating them, and slowly, very, very slowly painting them. Why is everything accomplished faster and easier than painting, which is excrutiatingly slow?*)
Anyway, the rules above are just about 1/4 of the new GASLIGHT COMPENDIUM, which will also feature updated material from the "Battles By Gaslight", "Adventures and Expeditions By Gaslight", and "To Be Continued By Gaslight" books.
I am really looking forward to this book, and hope someday that I will get some gaming use out of the Hinterland Female Hussars, Pontoonier Gurkhas, Games Workshop Praetorians, Ironclad British Infantry, Empress Zulu War Infantry, Renegade Prussian Infantry, Renegade French Infantry and Marines, Hasslefree Kindred, Copplestone Sailors, numerous Wargames Foundry Darkest Africa figures, and not forgetting the myriad of character figures from various companies that I am working on.

*To answer my own question, I think its because all the other tasks can be accomplished without my full attention, e.g. while watching TV, chatting with the kids etc., while painting requires my full attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment